Thursday, January 19, 2012

My Daily Eating on the Cleanse

So, I have heard about many of you wanting some specifics about how much and what kind of food I was eating during my time of going meatless.

The general idea goes a little something like this:
- NO SUGAR OR ALCOHOL
1) A Shitload of Veggies (steamed or raw) - This means Greens! (kale and collards, spinach, chard, broccoli, zucchini and squash and maybe bell peppers and mushrooms)
2) Raw nuts and seeds (walnuts, Brazil, almonds, cashews, pumpkin and sunflower) Max 3 handfuls a day
3) Extra Virgin Olive, grapeseed, coconut oils - Cooking with these and adding to salads or on steamed veggies...BE conservative

What about protein?
I wasn't as concerned with this surprisingly. I did use a Vegan Protein Shake once or twice a day after my Yoga and Crossfit WODs. I was averaging about 30 to 40 grams/day.

Here is an example day of what my food intake typically looked like:

5:15am
1 Zucchini
10 Brussels
3 oz Mushrooms
1/2 a bundle of Kale
(Steamed or Sauteed in Olive Oil)
A little BBQ Sauce

8:00am
Repeat from earlier
(cooked at the same time)

9:30am Yoga

11:00am
25g Vegan Protein Shake (Hemp, Pea Seed, Chia Seed, Brown Rice)
add Coconut Water and Almond Milk

1:15pm Crossfit WOD

3:00pm
1/2 lb Brussels
1/3 lb Sweet Potatoes
Salad (Spinach, Mixed Greens, Mushrooms, Bell Peppers, Seaweed, Strawberries, Mandarin Oranges, Red Onions, Almond Slivers, Dressing)

6:00 to 7:00pm
Sauteed Red Bell Peppers, Zucchini, Brussels, Mushrooms, Swiss Chard

Snacks included about 4 to 5 tablespoons of almond butter throughout the day.

These plates were all full of veggies at each sitting!

1 comment:

DP said...

Hey great blog I'm gonna give this diet a shot, what activities were you doing in between your meals? and thank you. =)