Friday, August 19, 2011

Zilker Relays

Honestly, when you think of Zilker Park aren't you quick to see yourself jumping into the healing pool of Barton Springs or envisioning yourself having the time of your life at ACL festival?

Of course Austin is known for so many iconic spots and events year round. My birthday will actually be on that list soon (haha BIG30)! But seriously, there is a new race on the block...The Zilker Relays.

I know what you're thinking...Doesn't Mike hate running?

I know, I know...Yes, I feel that people who solely run need to get a better plan! I mean, can you really blame me?

I will admit I used to be a little biased. I now spend my more mature years being enlightened. Luckily, God has blessed me with the opportunity to forever learn and grow with time. I can now see the value of lacing up the running shoes and putting some good ol' miles in.

Last year, I had some amazing breakthroughs in this arena! It started with my 4-man/woman 10 mile relay in Austin's very own Zilker Relays. A few other CrossFit Central team members and I enrolled in this race for fun. To my surprise, it was not just fun but really cool to participate in!


I see this race as a perfect distance and event for any CrossFit athlete! I mean 2.5 miles is a challenge when you give your all no matter your fitness level, but it is also a race we all can accomplish feeling strongly rewarded! The truth is, I believe every client of CrossFit Central should participate in this event. You will be glad you did, and we will be honored to spend the evening celebrating your accomplishments and enjoying the evening at one of Austin's next major annual events!

Zilker Relays
When: Friday, September 2, 2011
Where: Zilker Park
Info & Registration

No comments: