Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Journey

I saw this picture and it really caused me to reflect on the past year. The Gym has been open now for a little over a year. Before that time, I had never trained adults. Every single program that I had ever coached was with kids between the ages of 12 and 18. I never even had the idea that my lifestyle of strength and conditioning would ever evolve into what it has now become. CrossFit Central has been an amazing trip for me. In the beginning I was scared to death of the transition into adult training. I didn't realize the need for a program that was so diverse and so complex in the fitness community. I didn't think that men and women really cared enough to put themselves through such a challenge on a daily basis. Most of all, I thought that I couldn't demand from an adult client the amount of perfection that I like to see in a client to do things the way they need to be done. I didn't believe in myself.
Since that time, I've changed. I realize that what we are doing is what we need to be doing and in large part what everybody outside of what we do need as well. I have started to see my hobby turn into my mission. I don't believe that there is anything more important to every single person than there physical well being. Everybody around us is affected by our health. I choose to stay strong, healthy and energized to encourage you wherever you are and with whatever you do to do the same!
This is a journey that has only just begun for me. I've worked to get more inspired and we have recently outgrown one gym and are eagerly awaiting to take a shot and filling up another!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: