Monday, October 6, 2008

The Dot Com Workout

Crossfit is a fitness program with a very specific intention. If you follow it, you will get into the best shape of your life. I have done this now for a few years, but the only thing was I did it the way I wanted to. Many times I would get to the gym and write up a workout based upon what I felt like I wanted to do. Sometimes I would do the Workout that I designed for the class that day. Some days I would write up something completely different. Other days I would decide to do something that was on Crossfit.com for the day. This system of working out in accordance with the way I feel has worked very well for me, but the thing is that I sometimes intentionally avoid exercises in with I don't necessarily enjoy or am not that good at.

Here is the deal. Over the last year I have very much realized that everybody needs a good coach. How could we ever reach our potential without somebody who has more expertise in the field guiding us?

I have decided a few weeks back that I would be doing workout only posted on Crossfit.com. I know that I am at a point that in order to get better I will have to follow a very disciplined approach to my training regimen. Coach Glassman post everyday a workout that If I follow my physical ability can't help but get better faster than anything I would do on my own. Every 4th day is a rest day on this site so I cannot say that I will take off on Sunday or on Wednesday. I have to do what the workout says I have to do on the day that it is posted.

Now I am back to being a little bit nervous because it is entirely being prepared for the unknown. I will not scale any workout to make it easier for me to handle, but just flat out set up the workout as prescribed and get it done.

Today I got weighted pull-ups. 7 Reps of pull-ups is my workout today? Sounds crazy right? Maybe I will be able to get all 7 with added weight of over 100 lbs. Now think 7 reps of 350lb+ pull-ups... That is going to be intense!

Oh well... All I can do is make it happen!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Walter said...

Each burpee terminates with a jump one foot above max standing reach."

that's crazy - 105 burpees, jumping a foot off the ground each time? yowza. I'm talking about the burpees as if I could do 1 muscle-up.

I think this one should read "5 rounds for time: 7 muscle-ups, 21 Burpees, 2 vomits"

Walter said...

I guess it would be good to provide the context for my comment...that is, tomorrow's .com workout:

Five rounds for time of:
7 Muscle-ups
21 Burpees

Post time to comments.

Each burpee terminates with a jump one foot above max standing reach.

Michael Gregory said...

I will be getting this done Walt. No Excuses right!

Really though... What the Hell?