Friday, October 24, 2008

Can it be done?

How many veggies do you need to get in all you micro nutrients if you Zone?

Turns out it a whole lot. I have been dialed in on the Zone with a paleo approach to food quality over the last 5 weeks. Robb Wolf said a a Crossfit Cert in Ft Worth that if you eat a diet that is high in Vegetables as you carbohydrate source with some fruit that you won't have to worry about taking in a multi-vitamin. I always heard how impossible it was to get enough micro nutrients without a vitamin. Well now I realize that Impossible is nothing.

Bell Peppers, asparagus, spinach, kale, Brussels sprouts, zucchini, squash, broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, onions, okra and yams. This is what fills my refrigerator these days. I don't have the ability to run out of this stuff because my diet requires so much of all of this that to get my fill, I have to eat out of these selections all day long. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late night snacks... VEGGIES! They are always there.

Think about this... I didn't touch this stuff growing up. Some of you don't touch them as adults. Most Zone followers are still getting the carbs from bread, pasta, potatoes, and rice or some other filler that has no nutritional value (or no health benefit). I will not say this is an easy way to eat some grub, but I will say that it is the best way. A funny thing happens when you learn to eat better. Foods you used to hate become Delicious! Foods you used to love suddenly become bland and truly make you feel like Crap.

Fix the quality of you food! No excuses! You are grown now right? Children Food will no longer due!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Good post. You gave me some ideas. I restarted my blog. Hope you are having a good weekend!